If content is king, distribution is queen
To successfully compete for clients’ attention on the Internet, effective content distribution is just as important as the highest-quality content.
2 million blog posts are published every day and 99.9% of those blog posts will swiftly disappear into the ether.
To avoid your content experiencing the same fate, it must stand out.
Your content lives – or dies – on what you publish and how you distribute it.
A content distribution strategy focused on maximum exposure means that your company and its products and services will be much more easily found when potential customers are looking for information.
The most effective content distribution plan ensures that what you create and what we create for you will be noticed and acted upon.
Our content distribution framework
We offer two content distribution services to clients.
1. Your own content
We help clients distribute the content they’ve created themselves so that it’s far more likely to be seen by your prospective clients.
Show us the content you have and share with us the types of businesses or consumers you wish to target.
If you have blog content on your website already, we’ll amend it so that it’s better optimised for Google.
We’ll research the websites and platforms your prospective clients are most likely to visit.
For third party websites (like trade publications), we’ll make contact with the site owners to discuss the inclusion of your content on the site.
For distribution on social media, we’ll set the parameters of a paid-for advertising campaign targeting the most suitable audiences.
In most cases, our copywriters and/or designers may have to modify the content you’ve generated for each 3rd party website or social media platform.
For social media advertising, we may also need to create additional online marketing materials to encourage greater interaction with your content from your target audiences.
We may also recommend that you invest in a press release as part of your distribution campaign.
2. New content we create and distribute for you
If you want us to create new content for you and distribute it, our content strategy agency service is more suitable for you.
Content distribution prices
Our content distribution pricing depends on the following:
- research time required to identify suitable 3rd party sites and social media audiences
- time spent on contacting and negotiating with 3rd party sites
- time spent creating and executing your distribution campaign via social media advertising
- successful placement of content on 3rd party sites (individual sites may also charge a fee for inclusion too)
- time spent modifying content for specific platforms and for social media
- time spent on the creation of additional content for online promotion
More Than Words understands that the amount of money you spend on a content distribution campaign will directly impact your level of profitability from the campaign.
It is company policy to price our services as competitively as possible to give your company the opportunity to maximise its return on investment.
Find out more
To speak with an account manager about optimal distribution for your online content, please contact us on 0330 010 3495 or you can email our content marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our distribution services conform to standard and current content amplification best practices.
In-depth research into each of your target audiences
We create and write a series of in-depth and informative buyer personas to fully understand your customers’ hopes & pain points and each piece of content we write appeals to each type of buyer wherever they are in the buying cycle
- Written to be understood – we use plain English, a simple narrative structure, and engaging language in your content to connect and appeal to your target buyers
- Covering potential clients’ areas of interest – we write content specifically addressing the questions customers ask online about your products and services
- Objection handling – we address and overcome buyers’ main concerns in the content we create to make meaningful contact more likely
- Brand-consistent and aspirational – our content is used to showcase your company vision, history, values, and after-sales service commitment
Sharable and downloadable social media content
To encourage new online followers and to stimulate new sales leads, we take advantage of the growing preference among social media and messaging platform users to download and share content with colleagues, directors, family, and friends
- High-impacting articles – create PDFs from the high-quality original article and blog content we write for you
- White papers and e-books – shareable in-depth information and insights on the products and services you offer – white papers for B2B and e-books for B2C & low-ticket B2B
- Case studies – allay potential customers’ fears about using a new supplier or switching away from an old one by demonstrating the quality of your work and after-sales
- Product descriptions – downloadable and shareable product- and service-specific description documents to distribute on social media and messaging platforms
Web-wide distribution for maximum visibility
The more business decision makers and consumers who are exposed to your content, the more leads you’ll generate and the higher the revenue you’ll achieve. We’ll distribute your content extensively online as well as via direct marketing channels.
- Email distribution – use email newsletters to promote your content to existing customers and prospects or a B2B email marketing campaign to promote to a self-selected audience
- Guest posting – let us find the websites and online platforms most trusted by your target buyers and negotiate a series of guest posts in your name to appear on them
- Press coverage – for content which has news value, we’ll write a press release on your behalf and then circulate it to journalists working at relevant websites and publications
- Pay per click advertising – target specific audiences using specific keywords with search engine PPC, social media PPC, or native advertising campaigns
- Telemarketing – we contact relevant targets in businesses, schools, and the public sector direct to ask for permission to send them your content
SEO-optimised content for your own website
The persuasive, actionable, and informative content we create for your website is optimised for better Google indexing, classification, and ranking meaning that your product/service pages and your high-quality articles are easy to find and share
- Launch and build a library of high-quality articles based upon the search terms your potential clients are using for the most
- We’ll re-write the product description and service description pages on your website so that your clients can see and understand the benefits – benefits sell better than features
- Content written for all stages of the buying cycle from the emerging awareness of need to the point at which a decision to purchase is made
- Strong calls-to-action on every webpage to encourage immediate customer contact as well as to sign up for email newsletters
- Prior to launch, our copy writing team and marketing planners create a full SEO plan for your company to ensure the highest rankings
- You have full control over the content created and we don’t stop working on a piece of content until you have signed it off as complete
Don’t get lost in the crowds of content
Why invest in content distribution marketing services?
Because it’s the most successful way of generating the maximum possible return from your investment in content.
We make sure that all of your content is timely, highly-focused, and response-orientated and that it benefits from circulation on the most relevant content distribution platforms.
When you appear on the right 3rd party websites and platforms, the number of quality interactions with your target audience increases substantially maximising your chance of generating additional leads.
Better still, the high-quality, actionable, and engaging content we create for you encourages the people who see it to share your content for even wider exposure.
Timing is important too.
For example, you may have written an interesting blog post and uploaded it to your site.
But if you promote a B2B blog at 9 o’clock at night on social media when your prospective customers only work office hours, it’s unlikely to catch anyone’s attention.
60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day and most of it disappears unnoticed.
Our digital distribution strategies mean that your content will be seen by far greater numbers of your prospective clients where and when they want to see it.
How a content distribution partner can help
It can be challenging for business owners to create regular content and to publish that content at the right time and on the right platforms.
With our content distribution service, we:
- research the type of fresh and exciting content you need to create to better engage with your potential customers based upon the questions, concerns, hopes, and pain points they have about your company and its products and services,
- create the content for you, and
- give potential clients the opportunity to discover content they want to read in the places they tend to look for information.
This approach means that your content gets seen.
More Than Words’ copywriters and campaign planners have access to regional, national, and international PR platforms, major media companies, and more.
And, if your company requires more mainstream exposure for its content, we can help you do that.
Content amplification and distribution FAQ
Our content distribution plan step by step
The content creation and content distribution matrix we create for you:
- increases your online, website, and social media visibility to potential customers and
- provides them with the information they need to purchase from you or leave their details for follow-up.
First, we perform thorough research of your target customers to understand their online shopping and information-gathering habits.
What are they looking for and where do they look?
Second, we create a clearly mapped-out calendar of content production and distribution.
We’ll share with you the topics we want to write about as well as including the topics you want us to write about on the calendar.
We’ll also tell you where that content should be placed, whether on your own website, a 3rd party website, or on social media.
Third, we create reader-relevant content – the type of content your existing and potential customers want and expect to see.
For example, if your target buyer likes long reads, we create 2,000+ word articles to keep them engaged.
Alternatively, your customers might prefer weekly shorter blog posts or email newsletters. We can create those too.
All the content we create is SEO-friendly and designed to be shared.
We want your customer to connect strongly with your company via the content we create and we want to make it easy for them to share it with their colleagues or their friends and family.
The sharing of content opens your company up to wider audiences and this broader exposure further increases your chance of generating additional high-quality leads and new sales.
And it’s not just sharing on social media.
Did you know that the majority of content is now shared on “dark social” platforms like WhatsApp and Messenger?
The content we create for you can be shared on those platforms too.
Finally, we regularly assess what’s working and what’s not.
We track engagement rates, SEO ranking, newsletter subscriber sign-ups, and social media follower sign-up.
If something isn’t quite hitting the targets we’d hoped for, we change tack repeatedly until we achieve the desired outcome.
Contact us to arrange a content creation and distribution plan for your company
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday.
Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form below to speak to us about our content distribution ideas and plans for your company.
We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can email our content marketing team by clicking here.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There is plenty of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station.