Copywriters are the 21st century’s lead generators and deal closers
Why invest in copywriting services for your company?
In the digital era, copywriters are the people responsible for making sure that your company and its products and services are easy for customers to find online.
It’s more than just being found though.
The content your copywriter creates must also inform, educate, and persuade your target audience enough to enquire about or buy your products and services.
Further down on this page, we cover in much greater depth our philosophy on what makes great copywriting and great copywriters.
But, if you’re in a hurry, here are our services and what they’re intended to do at a glance…
Copywriting which is easily-found online and which sells to your website visitors
Article writing – Google highly ranks websites with substantial online libraries of high-quality articles and blogs. They’re also great at capturing customer details and generating leads and sales.
Product descriptions – never settle for using manufacturers’ descriptions on your website because they were written to sell to retailers like you, not the end user. Inject life, fun, your brand voice, and urgency into your product descriptions.
Website copywriting – high-quality, SEO-optimised website copy is not for finishing high up on search engine results pages. The best website copywriting also results in much greater volumes of online sales and leads for your company.
Copywriting designed to be shared online by email, social media, or messaging apps
Case study writing – before a sale is made, particularly a high-ticket or complex sale, business decision makers and consumers are nervous. Address those fears directly with a case study showing potential customers how your products and services have solved similar issues and challenges faced by your clients.
E-book writing service – ideal for low-ticket, less complex products and services (particularly to the consumer sector), educate, entertain, and persuade customers with an in-depth e-book. We can help you distribute it online too.
White paper writer – very successful in gathering contact details at the start of the sales process and converting clients at the point of making a decision, we write and distribute white papers for complex sales, high-ticket sales, and SaaS/subscription services.
Copywriting to take visitors to your website
Native advertising – is the most successful type of online advertising producing results far in excess of banner and display ads. We create response-provoking and engaging native advertising campaigns for our clients.
Press release writing – let us write and distribute newsworthy copy to the printed and online publications most likely to be valued, regularly read, and respected by your target customer base.
Copywriting to keep existing customer loyal and spending and to warm prospects up
Email newsletters – our copywriters create the wording you need to generate significant returns from email newsletters, marketing’s most-underestimated lead and sales generation tool
Copywriting for direct marketing campaigns
Email copywriting – sales-driven text on an elegant email design for your bought-in B2B email marketing lists
Sales letter writing – the text to use on your postal marketing campaigns to win business from existing and potential customers
Brochure writing – design and copy for brochures to hand out in retail premises, send out to clients, and for use in exhibitions
Telesales scripts – a fresh approach to selling your products and services with brand new opening, objection handling, and closing scripts & structures
Find out more about our copywriting services
Would you like to speak with one of our content marketing account managers about copywriting for your business?
We would welcome the opportunity to find out more about your company, its products and services, and to see how we can help you achieve your commercial goals over the next 12 to 24 months.
To find out more, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or you can email us by clicking here.
We're focused on selling your products and services
We’re a very commercially focused team with extensive experience in and knowledge of sales funnels, canvassing, closing, and more. We absolutely understand that the work we do needs to make you money.
- On all of our services, our aim is to deliver multiples back to you of the amount you invested in us
- Most of our copywriters come from direct marketing and selling backgrounds meaning that they understand the psychology behind making a sale
- We create content based around the questions your customers have about your products and services for immediate engagement with readers
- We address all pain points and potential areas of buyers’ remorse to build up visitors’ confidence to the point where they contact you or they make a purchase
We're focused on making sure you're found & heard
Creating engaging, compelling, sales-driven content for your company isn’t enough if no-one is going to read it. We make sure your message is seen in the places your potential customers look for information.
- Our copywriters are fully versed and practiced in creating high-quality content which is highly ranked by Google using the keywords and the search terms your customers use
- We device full search engine optimisation plans for your website and we create a library of high-quality, Google-friendly, response-provoking articles which inform and motivate readers
- In addition to search engine optimisation, we create easily-findable content for clients to download and share via social media and email marketing platforms as well as through press releases and negotiating the placement of articles on relevant 3rd party websites
Using copywriting services to get more visitors to and leads & sales from your website
Companies now need to take advantage of the most important sales and marketing trend among both business decision makers and consumers in recent years.
What is that trend? It’s an almost complete change in the way we behave prior to making a purchase.
We’ve turned away from asking questions about the products and services we’re interested in to qualified professionals.
Now we turn to Google to provide us with answers to the questions we have.
And companies’ main line of defence against that change is to invest in copywriting and content marketing so that their website is the website on which potential customers find the answers they’re seeking.
Why we trust professionals less than ever at the outset
When you want to find out the answer to an accounting question or you’re investigating whether now is the right time to invest in a new boiler for your home, you’re now far more likely to go to Google first than you are to call a professional.
That’s because you might be worried that you’ll be subject to a sales pitch if you call a professional.
You might be stuck on the phone with that person for a long time.
Answering your question might be the professional’s secondary aim while making a sale or booking an appointment is their first.
The professional you speak to also knows far more than you do.
You worry that they might recommend a product or service you don’t actually need and that they might overcharge you at the same time.
Take advantage of the fact that business decision-makers and consumers now see Google as the great leveller
…with effective SEO copywriting.
Anyone can educate him or herself on any imaginable product or service by searching for the answers he or she wants on the internet – it’s the greatest information resource in human history.
To access it, all you need to do is to log on to the web on your phone, tablet, desktop, or laptop.
Everything you need to know is a few seconds away.
People believe that what they find on the internet gives you them the edge.
They believe, rightly or wrongly that, what they find online gives them:
- much of the knowledge and many of the insights a professional has.
- the ability to sniff out if what a professional is telling you might be wrong.
- a strong indication of what they think you should charge for your products and services.
How do you turn this to your advantage?
By making sure that the information they find the information they’re looking for on your company’s website.
By doing that, your company becomes a valued source of information for prospective customers on their buying journey.
You’re providing prospective customers with reliable, accurate, and up-to-date knowledge – therefore, yours will become a trustworthy company in the minds of prospective clients.
You’re giving them the information they need to be confident when speaking to you – and it’s your company’s contact details which are displayed on the page they’re reading.
Each time they get the information they want from your website, that’s another opportunity to sell your company and your products and services.
And, eventually, it’s your company they’re going to call when they’re close to the point of purchase.
This is how content marketing works and why it delivers such strong, regular leads to the companies investing in it.
How your company benefits from working with a professional copywriting services team
Give your company a competitive advantage by making sure that the information you’re sharing is seen as many times as possible on a potential customer’s buying journey.
Recently published research strongly suggests that a potential customer needs to see your company seven times before they contact you or buy from you.
And the most signficant of these “touches” seem to be online touches.
By partnering with More Than Words’ copywriters, you make sure that…
- your website is found by searchers much more easily,
- when a visitor finds your website, they get the quality information they want pertinent to the search terms they entered into Google, and
- potential customers consider your business as more credible, more capable of doing the job, and as charging very reasonable rates.
We offer a number of different web-based copywriting service packages, the four most popular of which are listed below.
We also offer blog writing and article rewriting services.
Website copywriting services
Google-friendly sales-driven high-quality copywriting for your website
Your website will not only be highly visible to Google and to your prospective customers but the quality of the copy we create will convince visitors of your credibility, persuade them of the quality of your products and services, and create closeable sales opportunities.
- Capture visitors’ attention with an immediately understandable and compelling headline
- Share information successfully with a benefits-led, easy-to-follow narrative structure
- Employ sales-driven writing with a focus on precise expression and clarity for better buy-in and to encourage an immediate sale or contact with you
- All website content written to ensure compliance & conformity with Google SEO standards
- We can write (or re-write) your entire website or only the parts of the site you want
Building a library of engaging, informative, SEO-optimised articles for your website
With business-decision makers and consumers now carrying out extensive research on companies before leaving their contact details or making a purchase, now’s the time to invest in your own library of SEO-optimised articles answering the questions people are actually asking
- Fully-researched article plan based upon the information potential clients actually search for
- Long-form articles of up to 2,000 words (and more if needed) – longer articles rank higher
- Best use of the 8 seconds needed to grab readers’ interest with strong headline & intro
- The more you tell, the more you sell – effective use of engaging, plain English, evidence-based, customer-focused, flowing content
- Google-friendly structure, layout, and tone keeps visitors reading to the end where we ask for immmediate contact or action from them
Response-provoking product and service descriptions for your website & beyond
Many retailers reuse the descriptions provided by the manufacturers and wholesalers they buy from on their websites. The problem is that this copy was designed to appeal to you and not to your customers. Stand out and be seen with clear, benefits-led, SEO-optimised product and service descriptions in your brand voice.
- Process starts with understanding buyers and their hopes, fears, objections, and pain points
- Benefit-led and personal copy clearly and concisely demonstrates the value of each product or service to a business or a consumer
- Professional, conversational, tongue-in-cheek – whatever your brand personality is, reinforce it through your product descriptions
- Well-written, keyword-inclusive product descriptions make it easier for search engines to find you and for customers to find your products & services
- We can work on individual descriptions as and when needed or you send over a bulk of products/services for us to work on
Take advantage of the opportunities offered by highly-responsive native advertising
Consumers and business-decision makers are far more receptive to native advertising campaigns than they are to all types of banner & display ads. That’s because native advertising mimics the look, feel, and linguistic style of the websites and online platforms they trust the most leading to higher response and conversion rates.
- Seven out of ten web users want to learn about products through content marketing rather than by traditional adverts
- Native adverts receive more than 50% views than normal display ads and visitors are 18% more likely to buy
- We work with you on everything from headlines, image selection, article content, marketing collateral, and more
- More Than Words creates sticky, compelling, engaging, and response-provoking native campaign content for our clients
- The content we produce for your campaign is of particularly high quality to encourage further and immediate client engagement
Copywriting services for online marketing, downloadables, and shareables
There are other ways to make it easy for your prospective customers to find your company online.
To do this, you need to use a wider range of outreach digital marketing strategies – talk to us about this when you call.
One highly successful approach is by demonstrating your ability to understand and deliver the bespoke outcomes individual clients want with a well-written case study.
Case studies are stories where the reader is on a journey with one of your existing clients.
They show how your current client identified an opportunity or recognised a problem within their company.
They then show how your products/services, your way of working, and your creativity overcame that problem.
Case studies can be hosted on your website or they can be turned into downloadable PDFs to promote via social media marketing, email newsletters, or email marketing.
White papers have long played a significant role in the promotion of higher-ticket, more complex products and services including SaaS.
E-books, a “light” version of white papers, are a proven marketing solution for lower-cost and less complex products and services.
Both e-books and white papers are effective marketing tools helping your company to capture the contact details of prospective new clients online.
Press releases have tremendous reach and they allow your company and its products and services to be seen by far more potential customers than most other marketing methods.
News and information about your company will appear in the publications and on the websites read and respected by the markets you’re targeting.
Online new articles also link back to your website which results in higher search engine rankings for your website – “inbound links” are an important ranking signal for Google.
Please ask us about our digital and social media agency services when you get in touch with us.
White papers generate leads & help close complex, high-ticket, and subscription services
Varying in length from 3,000 words to over 100,000 words, white papers educate and persuade business decision-makers and influencers with differing levels of subject expertise on complex and/or organisation-critical purchases which have a direct effect on the overall efficiency and/or profitability of an organisation
- Among the most successful sales and marketing tools used for B2B sales and for sales to public sector organisations
- Provides evidence to buyers of your ability to perform a task and of the suitability and efficacy of the products and services you offer
- Early stage use – companies use white papers to obtain contact details and specific purchasing responsibilities of decision makers
- Late stage use – highly valuable in differentiating your company and its product- and service-based solutions from your competitors
- We can organise and provide a comprehensive distribution campaign to maximise the number of targets exposed to your white paper
Case studies are powerful online & offline sales tools showing clients your expertise & flexibility
Case studies allow your satisfied customers to show your potential customers how your company added real value with your products & services. Evidence proves that potential clients remember the stories you shared about your customers’ experiences and those stories work strongly in your favour when a decision is due.
- 90% of buyers claim reading a success story influenced their purchasing decision
- Your case study writer highlights your customers’ positive experiences by showing step-by-step the path you took to solve that clients’ problems or open new opportunites to them
- Written in plain English and jargon-free for maximum engagement, comprehension, and responsiveness
- Demonstrate that you understand clients’ pain points and expectations and that you only sell clients a solution which is right for them
- Best to include as much relevant information, facts, and figures to illustrate why you took the approaches you took with your clients
Informative, newsworthy press releases sent to our extensive distribution network
We create concise press releases telling target journalists in relevant publications exactly what they need to know so that they can build an engaging news story around your company. Ideal for announcing a new product or service, an important new staff member, and any other notable company developments.
- Your press release is focused on promoting the news you want your existing and potential customers to know about
- Zippy, well-written press releases getting straight to the point and including all the relevant facts and figures
- On sign-off, we send your press release to journalists and media representatives working for publications most likely to be respected and appreciated by the consumers and business decision makers you target.
- We also work with journalists to arrange interviews and features, assist our clients in finding guest publications to collaborate with, and a whole lot more
Compelling, engaging, credibility-building e-books written for your target audience
E-books are a proven way of demonstrating your company credibility, the quality of your products & services, and your ability to deliver what you promise. E-books showcase your confidence, capability, and depth of knowledge. In addition, the brand voice we use in your e-book positions your company as readers’ friend, advisor, and guide.
- E-books, properly distributed and promoted, significantly drive up the number of visitors to your website leading to brand new enquiries and sales opportunities.
- E-books are particularly relevant for the B2C market which appreciates warmth, humour, empathy, understanding, and stories
- E-books are closer to listicle, “How to” types of blogs and articles – friendly, informal, engaging, and personal
- E-book readers are often at the start of the buying process or considering switching supplier
- Many client repurpose their e-books to create new SEO-optimised marketing materials like blogs, articles, and infographics
Marketing copywriting services for outbound and direct marketing campaigns
There are many other marketing channels available to you which offer your companies the chance to successfully capture and keep existing and potential clients’ attention and interest.
Email marketing is the most effective form of direct marketing, according to the UK Data and Marketing Association.
We have decades of collective experience in creating:
- email copywriting for lists you buy in and
- email newsletter copy which you distribute to your existing clients and to potential clients who have left their details with you but not bought from you yet.
Don’t forget that we also sell an accurate, up-to-date B2B email database, a school email address list, and public sector email addresses.
If you want the data but you also want us to write and design your emails as well as manage the distribution, we offer a comprehensive managed B2B email marketing campaign service, managed school email marketing campaigns, and managed email marketing campaigns to the public sector.
Postal mail still produces great returns even as volumes have reduced significantly in the last decade – ask about our sales letter writing service.
Likewise, brochure handouts remain a successful way to gather prospective client details in retail premises, on the road, and at trade shows – ask us about our brochure writing and design service.
If you have your own telesales team and you feel that the way your reps approach clients needs refreshing, we offer a telesales script writing service.
More Than Words also has its own outsourced telemarketing department – please ask us for more information about this service when you get in touch.
Use experienced email copywriting professionals on bought-in lists
Have you bought an email marketing database? Work with one of More Than Words’ experienced sales copywriter to maximise the number of new enquiries you generate over the coming year by mixing “telling” and “selling” messages over 12 campaigns.
- 12 emails sent over the course of a year to targeted prospects may deliver you a £42 or more return on every £1 you spend on email marketing
- Emailing once a month increases recognition of your company substantially and this familiarity makes business decision-makers more comfortable in buying from you
- Our email copywriters have decades of experience between them producing content for over 17,000 companies across 400+ different business sectors
- Click through to our main page to read our top 12 most important rules to follow when cold email marketing
Email newsletters are a highly-effective but much-underused lead generator
90% of customers prefer to receive updates via an email newsletter with only 10% choosing Facebook. That’s why 83% of pro marketers use a regular email newsletter to sell more to their existing clients and prospects. How many follow-on sales are you missing out on?
- Email newsletters allow your company to demonstrate ongoing value to your customers convincing them to stay loyal to you
- Even out turnover between months by incentivising recipients with a customer-only, special, time-limited discount
- Set a fixed date every week, fortnight, or month to contact your clients and prospects and mix your telling and selling messages
- Your existing clients and prospects are ideal to test and perfect new products and services before a full launch
- Share your knowledge & insights into your sector and how they affect the businesses and the lives of your clients
4 out of 10 recipients like receiving well-written offer-led sales letters
Direct mail’s response rates are up to five times the level of email marketing. Response rates continue to rise as the number of sales letters received by consumers and business owners has decreased sharply. We write concise sales letters for our clients solely focused on generating immediate & quality responses and enquiries.
- We use buyer personas to create tailored letters, making sure to address all anticipated blocks and objections to buying
- Letters are constructed with a logical beginning, middle and end to educate to guide your potential client through to responding to you
- Sales letters grab readers’ attention, create intrigue, and they feel like they were written specifically for a recipient
- Sales letters open doors, build company credibility, and they are an important start to building a positive and ongoing relationship
- Our experienced copywriters have worked with a wide variety of industries ranging from home improvement companies to luxury jewellery brands and many more
48% of consumers take positive action after receiving a brochure
An all-in brochure creation service – first, one of our professional copywriting team will create compelling, engaging, and action-orienated text where we ask for the sale or for the reader to get in touch. Then we package it in a bespoke graphic design layout compliant with your company branding guidelines.
- Persuasive, response-driving, and in plain English – words to build credibility for your products and services and to build trust in your company
- Elegant, minimalist design to brand guidelines – unfettered, uncomplicated, well-spaced, classical design which accentuates the written content
- We can include statistics, case studies, or other data to inform readers about what you’re selling and how you have helped others
- Written with your target buyer in mind so you can really hone in on solving the particular problem or fulfilling the particular need they have
- 79% of people hang on to a brochure so they can read it later or they pass it onto a colleague, friend, or family member
Why clients should rejoice that professional, commercially-minded copywriters are in it for the money first and the satisfaction second – it’s their guarantee of a first-class outcome
The copywriting services team here at More Than Words make no bones about it – they like money.
They like earning it – as much of it as possible.
They arguably like it even more when a client gets in touch with them to let them know that…
- the article they wrote,
- the product description they created, or
- the email newsletter they composed
…made them lots of money.
Satisfaction is only possible for a copy writer when it’s been preceded by the money.
That’s because client satisfaction, a happy customer, begets extra work – a version of what Jeff Bezos would call a virtuous circle.
Copywriting is the next big money making opportunity for marketing professionals.
However, the important thing for copy writing clients to know and remember is that, in this industry, reputation is everything.
And those corporate copywriters whose output lacks that little bit of extra magic required to persuade and convince readers are found out fast and quickly dispatched by the market.
What our copywriters pride themselves on and how that aligns perfectly with your commercial goals
The best commercial copywriters value two things more than their ability to create beautiful prose.
- a true understanding of their clients’ products and services and
- a even deeper understanding of what motivates business decision-makers and consumers to buy their clients’ products and services and what puts them off.
It’s this knowledge which gives our copy writers an important and necessary psychological and emotional insight into the minds and hearts of the audiences you’re targeting.
This insight gives a copywriter what they need to turn interesting but otherwise unremarkable copy about a product or service into compelling, engaging, and persuasive copy which feels like it was specifically written for the person reading it.
People are still people – even if they’re at your website
If, through the words on a screen or on a piece of paper, a business decision maker or consumer genuinely believes that you understand them and the issues they face, then a connection between you is born.
It’s the same connection which happens if you and a visiting rep, a telesales professional, or a shop assistant seem to hit it off when you’re speaking.
There just seems to be something which binds you to that other person – a commonality, a shared experience.
And it’s this unquantifiable and often unexplainable phenomenon which means that you’ll more than likely buy from that person, even if what they’re charging is a little bit more.
More Than Words’ copywriting agency team figure who they’re writing for and what motivates them before they sit down at a keyboard.
With this knowedge, they attempt to make that important connection on a computer screen through writing.
And it’s this which makes us different as a company.
Google is still Google – and that’s the elephant in the room
Gaining the interest of and making a connection with prospective and existing customers is just half the story online though.
We’ve got to capture the attention of Google.
But we’ve got to do so in a very different way to the way we connect to visitors to your website.
So, your More Than Words’ copywriter is actually writing two pieces of copy at once when they’re working for you.
That’s because there’s no commercial value to you or likely return on your investment if what they’ve created for you isn’t seen by another living soul.
Embedded within each piece of online work our copywriter completes for you is a keyword-rich billboard for Google.
This billboard highlights the keywords, off-page descriptions, linking, prose structure, and more which Google wants to see to satisfy it that this is an informative article deserving of a high ranking.
Google’s role – its self-expressed reason for being – is to take people to the information they’re searching for as fast as possible.
More Than Words’ professional copywriting services team use…
- their knowledge of your products and services,
- their linguistic ability to create work of the highest quality, and
- their understanding of search engine algorithms
…to give Google all of the reasons it needs to rank your content as high as possible.
Using our copywriting services team to sell more products and services
Creating content for the web which connects with your audiences and which Google ranks highly is lucrative.
That’s because, over time, the very best website content creates a funnel of regular, consistent, high-quality leads which your sales teams can take advantage of on a daily basis.
More Than Words business tip – if you’re thinking about selling your company in a few years’ time, plough as much investment as you can into your website as possible. That’s because your website may actually end up being worth more than your company!
But there’s also a lot of money out there for clients who want to be more proactive and take the bull by the horns.
Email marketing is very responsive and so is telemarketing.
Not only do we write copy for email and compose full telesales scripts for clients, we also have our own in-house email marketing and telemarketing teams.
Creating a copywriting plan for your company
There’s more demand for copywriting than ever.
That’s because of the Internet and because of the countless number of ways the Internet offers to get your message in front of your target audiences.
An investment in the right copy agency – one which understands the commercial imperative of your making a return on your investment – will pay dividends in the short-, medium-, and long-term.
How much will it cost?
Copywriting services prices depend:
- on the type of content created,
- the level of research required,
- the technical ability and experience of the writer,
- the total volume of work booked in at one time, and
- the length of each piece.
The best place to start planning a copywriting and content marketing strategy for your company is to speak with one of our team.
Let us know about what you want for your website, your other marketing channels, and your revenue targets in now and in the future.
We’ll then create a bespoke proposal for you fully costed and with no obligation.
Contact us about copywriting for your company
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday.
Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form – our content writing services team will audit your current website, blog, and other marketing materials for free.
We’ll then come back to you with a costed and worked plan to help you achieve the results you want.
Our copywriting services team is available on 0330 010 3495 or you can email us by clicking here.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There is plenty of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station.