Open with control. Objection handle. Close. Working with a custom telesales script.
Telemarketing teams provide consistent and significant returns on investment to thousands of businesses every year especially when a team is working with the most effective telesales scripts.
Telesales and telemarketing are not easy.
We run our own outsourced telemarketing team at More Than Words.
We know from personal experience that it can now be up to three times harder to get in touch with decision makers than it was 10 years ago.
Not only that, buyers now research a lot more than they used to before making a decision to go ahead let alone agree to an appointment with a rep.
Things are a lot harder than they used to be for your front-line telesales staff.
Let select members of www.morethanwords.net team create a brand new and refreshed script for your company.
The copywriters you’ll be working with all had long careers in telemarketing prior to switching careers.
With the script they produce for your company, your reps will be better able to:
- adapt to the new ways in which buyers now want to engage with you, and
- book a greater number of appointments and close more over-the-phone sales.
Our telesales scripts writer service
We offer two telesales script writing services:
Appointment script – make booking strong appointments with your target clients a repeatable, predictable process.
Sales script – learn how to sell products and services over the phone (including collecting payment) which don’t require a visit to clients’ premises.
You can find fuller descriptions of both services by scrolling further down the page.
How to order or find out more information
For more information on our telesales script writing service, please call one of our account managers on 0330 010 3495 or you can email us by clicking here.
An attention-grabbing opening
Once we’ve got past the gatekeeper, the opening presentation “sells” the remainder of the call and gives the prospect a greater motivation to listen to the rest of the pitch
- 30-45 second concise introduction to set agenda of the rest of the call
- Share brief details of the prime benefits of the product or service
- Establish that the prospect actually has decision-making responsibility
- Introduction ends with an open question to open conversation
Effective objection handling
Objections are very often indicators of interest and requests for further information. When objections are handled correctly, they often make any resulting appointment a lot stronger.
- Send us the up to 20 objections your reps face the most
- Handling questions about price and payment options
- Answer questions on company history & product/service efficacy
- Compare current supplier situation with proposed alternative
Effective closing to get appointment or to win sale
When calling on your behalf, your telesales rep will have the closing strategies they need to use to progress the call to an appointment or to collect their customers’ payment details
- Appointment setting – ensuring that all decision makers are there
- Appointment setting – series of questions to ask for use in confirmation call
- Over the phone sale – how to summarise all points of agreement prior to close
- Over the phone sale – taking payment without scaring customer off
From draft to launch to tweaking & finessing
Change is difficult in any business – particularly within settled telemarketing and telesales team – so we’re with you from the start until months after your new script is in use
- Drafting process – proof-read and amend developing new script when work in progress
- Training pack – production of a training pack for reps and trainers
- Post-deployment monitoring – send feedback and call recordings once script in use
- Finessing – post-deployment improvement of scripts, objection handling, and closing
Make more appointments with a revised outbound telemarketing script
Good appointment makers are worth their weight in gold to a business.
So, why do many businesses not achieve the results they want from their outbound teams?
Are you finding that that your field sales reps are barely getting their foot in the door on too many of the appointments made by your telesales team?
These situations occur all too often within far too many businesses.
And it’s a cause of real friction between staff members.
The loss of sales caused by a telemarketing team struggling to find its mojo is dramatic as is the effect on your profit.
How can we help?
Booking quality, qualified appointments is much easier with a client-focused telecalling script
Making strong appointments should a repeatable, predictable process for your telesales team.
Your telemarketing representative’s role is:
- to make your product or service appealing to a potential customer and as relevant to their circumstances as possible and
- to make sure that each decision maker they book an appointment with is sufficiently interested in your products and services so that your rep actually has a decent chance of making a sale there and then.
When you work with us, you’ll receive two scripts, not one.
And the second script is, in many ways, just as important as the first.
On the first “appointment” script, your telemarketer will share quickly and efficiently the information a client needs to know to motivate them to agree to see your rep.
Every word in the telesales scripts we write for clients is optimised to create interest – every talking point carefully weighed up to see if it justifies its place in the script.
When your telemarketer books an appointment, we recommend that you then follow up with another call.
For this second “confirmation” call, call the client back within the hour with the questions we’ll give you.
Using this second script, you’ll know whether:
- this decision maker is a buyer or a timewaster and
- it’s worth your rep’s time going out to visit them.
You’ll know straight away whether your team needs to hit the phones again to find a new appointment to replace it.
If a decision maker is genuinely in the market, we’ll show you how to get the information from the confirmation call that your rep needs to increase their chances of a sale.
Our appointment telesales scripts service
Get in touch with us – send us over the script or the structure you’re currently using.
We’ll tell you what we think needs changing and what should be left alone.
For £1,495 + VAT, you’ll receive the following from us…
- we’ll work out the reasons why some people make appointments with you and others don’t, then
- using that information, we’ll come up with a script, objection handles, and close for the first call,
- you’ll get a second script for use on the confirmation call that will tell you how serious they are, what objections they’re likely to give the rep, how to make sure all decision makers are there (or at least the right ones), and whether you should cancel an appointment & save the rep’s time, temper, and petrol,
- a proven email confirmation follow-up to send to the decision makers who have made an appointment, and
- an eye-catching, attention-grabbing email marketing piece for sending out cold to decision makers your telesales reps have not be able to speak to a decision-maker at.
Doing the deal over the phone (no rep appointment) with telesales scripts alone
For many companies, the idea of not using field sales representatives to sign and seal a deal seems impossible.
It just can’t be done with a telemarketer working from a variety of telesales scripts – or can it?
First objections to the idea often include…
- “what about our credibility?”
- “will potential customers think we’re scammers just after credit card details?”
- “surely our products or services need to be demonstrated?”
These are all very valid concerns.
For most companies though, technology has already addressed them.
Demonstrating credibility to make the sale over the phone
Your credibility comes from world-class presentation of your proposition over the phone.
Your credibility is also built upon by your website and online testimonials.
After all, everything about your company is now searchable in just a few minutes online.
The move to cashless payments is also well underway for both consumers and businesses.
When given the option, most businesses in our experience prefer the convenience of a credit or debit card payment.
Added to that, credit and most debit card payments are now protected meaning refunds are straight forward, unlike cash, cheque, or bank transfer payments.
Increasing revenue – what can be sold without a rep?
Some products or services will always need to be demonstrated.
That’s especially true for very high-ticket purchases and for products and services requiring significant degrees of customisation (for example, security companies fitting CCTV will need a rep visit for camera positioning).
But what about extended warranties or add-ons to existing purchases? Does this need a face to face meeting?
Do you have products or services for sale which may not be your main ones but which a customer doesn’t need to see or touch to make up their mind?
You can convert some or all of your sales to telephone-only sales.
It’s up to you.
Work with us to further streamline your sales process and cut down on the personnel (and commissions) needed to generate new business.
Turn a team of appointment setters into a team of over-the-phone dealmakers
Working in one of the toughest industries selling over the phone, our directors managed to get a team of 11 sales reps and two managers to sell, on average, £2,315 per person per week in gross profit over three months.
Their company’s figures are much higher.
But, if you’re like us, profit is more important than turnover.
To achieve those sales, not one single customer was visited before their first purchase or their fifth.
Customer loyalty to their reps was strong – 55% of orders received in those three months were for customers coming back for more from the reps that sold to them in the first place with the method we used.
More Than Words note – our directors’ previous company was sold in October 2015.
Understanding what is possible with the right telesales script
It is possible to turn a medium-sized team of appointment setters into a multi-million pound team of telephone sellers.
The process will take a year or so but you’ll be able to see the progress for yourself in six short weeks.
For £2,995, we’ll provide you with everything you need to turn your appointment setters into telephone sellers.
- Show us your full range of products and services and we’ll work together on choosing the most suitable ones and how to structure those offers for selling exclusively over the phone to new customers
- Select the most suitable products and services for selling over the phone and how to present them to offer to existing customers
- Creating the crucial “in” – the first 90 seconds of the phone call with the decision maker giving them a reason to listen to your reps
- A way of dealing with multiple decision makers within companies when closing over thephone – a step-by-step guide for your business
- Sending emails to decision makers already spoken to for follow up – how to select which ones to email and templates for what to put on the email
- Objection handling sheets exclusive to your business and what it does
- The positive messages that need to be reinforced on the phone and by email to bring a sale closer
- Closing strategies – what can scupper a deal and how to react
- Asking for the business – how to secure agreement with the customer to go ahead
- Using email marketing when prospecting – exclusive, custom-written templates for your company
As well as being profitable, you’ll find what we offer is an exciting & eye-opening approach to getting more from your telesales team.
Why work with More Than Words?
Two of our directors owned and ran one of the UK’s largest and longest-established B2B email marketing companies before selling it in October 2015.
After selling the business, they and the team here at More Than Words have turned to helping companies get better results from their telemarketing and telesales teams.
In the few years since the launch of our new company, the company is one of the fastest growing marketing agencies in the UK.
Over more than 20 years, our management team and our staff have helped over 20,000 UK companies with services ranging from email marketing, fax marketing, telesales scripting, direct mail copy writing & more.
We still love selling and our services are focused on delivering success to clients.
Turn to us and our team at any time to get the most out of the investment you make in telesales.
Whatever you want to sell over the phone, let us know – we’ve recently worked on:
- cold calling scripts for financial advisors,
- a telemarketing script for insurance companies,
- telecalling script for collections companies,
- a telemarketing script for cleaning service companies,
- a solar appointment setting script,
- telesales scripts for cold calling cybersecurity companies,
- appointment setting scripts for real estate companies in the UK, and
- inbound sales call scripts.
Benefit from a free review on your current telesales scripts
To start off, please send us recordings of ten to fifteen longer calls made by your reps.
We’ll then analyse each call individually and let you know where it’s working and whether improvement is needed.
Quite often, mistakes are small but they matter.
Eliminate the errors and you’ll see your reps’ productivity & confidence soar.
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday. Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form to contact us about working on your telesales script.
We can send you sales call script examples as well as a sample of a cold call script to get an appointment so you can better judge our approach and how we work.
We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can email our copywriting services team by clicking here.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There’s plenty of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station.