A long-term investment in your company’s sales and marketing
The results achieved by website copywriting can vary just as wildly as the results achieved by sales and marketing teams.
For decades, company owners and marketing directors have asked themselves these two questions:
- Why is it that you can send two sales reps out on the road with the same product or service and one sells a lot while the other one struggles to sell at all?
- Why can you give two telesales agents the same script and one of them books appointments like they’re going out of fashion and the other can’t get past the secretary?
The answer is – words.
And how those words are presented.
Website copywriting is 50% marketing, 50% selling
In most companies:
- the marketing team’s job is to go out and find companies and individuals interested in your products and services.
- the sales team’s job is to convert the leads generated by the marketing team into revenue.
If the marketing team doesn’t do its job, the sales team don’t have the opportunity to close as many sales as they could.
If the sales team doesn’t do its job, the company is deprived of revenue and the marketing team gets upset that no commission is flowing their way.
For a company to be at its most profitable, its sales and marketing teams achieve the best results at the same time as each other.
Website writers are both marketers and sellers
When a website copywriter is creating text for your site, it has to be found, understood, and indexed properly by Google.
The higher the quality of the content and the more Google-friendly it is, the more visitors it will bring to your website – this is marketing.
When your visitors arrive at your site, the content on it must either make a sale or persuade the customer to contact you in some way – this is selling.
If your creative copywriter produces content which Google ranks highly but does a bad job of selling, that’s no use to you.
Conversely, if the copy on your site is brilliant sales copy but not optimised for Google, no one will see it and no one will make a purchase.
Again, that’s no use to you.
More Than Words’ website copywriters understand that you must make a long-term and substantial return on the work they do for you.
With every piece they write for you, they’re writing for two audiences – Google and your visitors.
Your More Than Words copywriter is your company’s online marketing and sales team combined.
Our website copywriting service
First, please get in touch with us.
As part of our research, we’ll ask you a series of questions about:
- your company and its history
- the products and services you sell
- what motivates your customers to buy your products and services and what stops them
- the questions you and your team are asked by customers during the sales process
- the after-sales support you provide (the features of that support and how long it lasts for), and
- your competitors and the wider marketplace.
Of course, we’ll also ask you to send us a link to your current website so we can review it if you have one.
Based upon what we find during our research, we’ll offer you one of four different packages:
- rewriting of all or some of the pages on your website,
- rewriting of all or some of the pages on your website plus a content plan for a library of online articles and blogs,
- redesign your entire website if it is particularly old plus rewriting all of the pages and a content plan for a library of online articles and blogs, or
- create a brand new website for you if you don’t have one including a content plan for a library of online articles and blogs.
The purpose of the plan we outline to you is to make sure that, after we’ve completed our work:
- your website and every page on it is highly Google-optimised and likely to rank very highly,
- the information on your website answers potential clients’ questions whatever stage of the buying journey they’re at and that they can easily find this information,
- every page on your website tries to capture visitors’ details in some way if they’re not ready to make a purchase or leave their details for follow up yet, and
- every page on your website persuades a customer to make a purchase or leave their details for follow up if they’re at or very near to the point of purchase.
We welcome any and all feedback to and amendments of the plan we set out for you.
We’ll then consult with you to alter the plan in such a way that you’re happy with it and ready to proceed.
We conform to and comply with all current Google-led website copywriting best practices.
Website copywriting rates
We charge a fee for every webpage and article we write for your site.
You can achieve significant discounts by ordering substantial amounts of content from us.
If we recommend that you allow us to rebuild your current website or to create a brand new website from scratch, we’ll send you a separate quote for that.
Find out more
To speak with one of our account managers about website copywriting for your company, please call 0330 010 3495 or you can email our copywriting services team by clicking here.
Why ex-reps who know about SEO make the best website copywriters
Many of the most successful copy writing professionals started out as sales reps.
In fact, former sales reps and telesales professionals have become some of the biggest names in the world of website copywriting.
Contrary to expectations, hiring frustrated novelists or English graduates will often not produce the results you want for your website.
Why is that?
That’s because, despite their mastery of the language, they lack both the understanding of how business works and the psychology of selling.
Frustrated novelists or English graduates might have the skills to make people “feel” things from their writing.
But that’s not enough.
“Is this going to sell my client’s products and services?”
Former sales reps and telesales agents who have become professional copywriters can make people “feel” things from their writing enough to make them do what you want them to do as a result of those feelings.
A great website copywriter thinks:
- “Which words are getting in the way of the sale?”
- “Have I made the benefits personal enough to the reader?”
- “Does my copy really understand why someone might want to buy this product or service and what’s stopping them at the same time?”
- “Do I need to make the call-to-action stronger?”
A great sales-driven website copywriter cares about the quality and the content of the work they produce.
But they care about the results you get a lot more.
A sales-driven website copywriter knows that getting more visits is just half the battle
The sales experience on our team is vital to our being able to provide the best website copywriting services to our clients.
Selling is a balance between:
- providing readers with the motivation they need to make a purchase and
- recognising and addressing those issues which stop them from making a purchase.
The ability to sell face-to-face or over the phone greatly aids our team when they’re creating website copywriting content or email copywriting content.
But website copywriting requires more than that to be truly effective.
It also needs to meet strict technical requirements to make sure that your company’s website and the individual pages on it rank as high as possible on Google.
Sometimes, clients ask us to write words to help them sell their products and services online at their website.
Other times, the “sale” is capturing prospect details by getting them to phone in to speak to the sales team.
Whatever you’re selling and whatever outcome you want from the visitors to your site, please contact us now to let us know how we can help you.
Get more information on our website copywriting services
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday. Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form below.
We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can click here to email us.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There is plenty of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk from North Shields Metro station.