Invest in high-quality, regular online content to generate more and better commercial finance leads
Do you want to develop a consistent and reliable long-term source of high-quality commercial finance leads from your website?
The best and most financial sustainable way to achieve this is to invest in specialist content marketing for commercial financial services firms.
Content marketing is the production and distribution of easy-to-find, Google-optimised high-quality articles and downloads for your potential customers whether they’re:
- becoming aware of a potential need for commercial finance,
- investigating the types of commercial finance most suitable for their circumstances, and
- at or near the point of making first contact with a lender or a broker to make an application.
Why the need to invest in content marketing is so urgent
There are more businesses than ever before in the UK – businesses of all sizes across multiple different sectors each with their own very specific financial needs.
Industry sources tell us that the vast majority of initial approaches to commercial lenders and brokers are now made online.
In one way, that’s great.
Your website and the advent of online document signature platforms means that you can now offer your commercial financial products to the whole of the UK without needing a branch or agent network.
But the problem is that there are thousands of lenders and brokers competing to finish in the top 10 ranking spots on Google’s search engine results pages.
If your company isn’t being found by borrowers when they’re looking for information because you’re not in one of those top 10 spots, the internet actually risks making your firm invisible.
Our commercial finance lead content marketing service
Our commercial finance lead generation service is designed to make sure that:
- it’s your website which potential borrowers find when are looking for information on the types of product you offer,
- the content on your website is of the highest quality and that it answers borrowers’ questions in a way which adds credibility to your company brand, and
- potential borrowers, when they’re at your site, either submit a full enquiry, give you their contact details to join your email newsletter service, or follow you on social media.
We’ll create a library of the highest quality content covering every aspect of the financial products you offer.
That library of content will bring visitors to your website for months and years to come even if you stop investing in brand new articles for a while.
This is unlike pay per click – while PPC does take you to the top of search engine results pages, the visitors and leads it generates stop when you stop spending.
Find out more
We’d appreciate the opportunity to get to know you, your firm, the products you’re interested in selling the most, and your target markets.
To speak with one of our account managers, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or click here to email us.
Be seen by a far greater number of clients online
21% of searchers click on more than one result when looking for information so our job is to create copy which captures visitors’ attention strongly enough to generate a closeable lead
- All of your articles are written in plain English for maximum reader comprehension
- Informative, engaging, actionable content
- Answers questions directors have in the real world
- Strong call to action throughout and at end
Benefit from a greater number of stronger leads
Not all of the people finding your content via search results will be at the point of decision making but we’ll make absolutely sure that we convert the ones who are ready now into strong leads
- SEO leads 14.6% close vs 1% outbound marketing
- 70-80% web users ignore paid search results
- SEO leads cost 61% less than outbound leads
- Generate more and better quality leads for your sales team to follow up
Your entire website benefits from regular, high-quality content
Only 30% of Google users click results on page 2 or 3. Regular high-quality content production pushes your website right up onto page 1.
Use content marketing to give your company a personality
In a world of lenders and brokers using dry and technical language, give your company a human, approachable, empathic online voice
- Written like a conversation between you & reader
- Reflect knowledge of their situation in your content
- Demonstrate that you understand your customers
- Share business strategy, tips, advice, and more
The major challenge facing commercial lenders and brokers in today’s marketplace
Competition to provide commercial finance has never been more intense.
There are three choices available to you all of which will generate more high-quality sales leads from the internet for your company.
Your three choices are to:
- pay to feature at the top of Google’s search engine results pages for your chosen products,
- pay a lead generation firm to pass you enquiries, or
- continually invest in a rich and constantly-updated library of SEO-optimised, valuable, actionable, and understandable articles and blogs for your website.
We’d recommend the third option.
The third option will absolutely deliver your company much higher levels of quality traffic to your website over the long term.
How these seven companies created an online edge for themselves
The following six websites have done just that and they finish very highly on Google as a result:
These six companies write and upload new high-quality, long-form articles for their websites every week.
But each article your competitors upload to their websites should not be viewed as articles on their own.
In fact, every new blog post uploaded to one of your competitors’ websites actually improves Google’s rating of that website’s overall authority, credibility, and relevance.
Every time Google improves its assessment of how authoritative, credible, and relevant a website is, it reward the website.
The reward is that the website and every page on it will finish in higher positions on Google’s search engine results pages.
And these effects last for years.
So much so that, if your competitor writes and uploads a quality, actionable, and authoritative article on invoice factoring to their website today, that article will still attract website visitors and generate leads for months and years to come into the future.
Giving your website a competitive advantage
We offer years of experience in writing articles and producing leading content marketing material for commercial lenders and brokers.
We have the knowledge, expertise, and experience to write authoritatively and persuasively on, among other products:
- cash flow finance,
- business cash advances,
- invoice finance,
- asset based lending,
- education finance,
- hire purchase & finance,
- invoice factoring and invoice discounting,
- pension-led funding,
- bridging finance,
- crowdfunding, and
- peer to peer funding.
To speak with one of our account managers about creating SEO-optimised and high-quality content for your website, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or click here to email us.
22,200 British web users search for the term “business finance” a month
Your competitors whose websites have no comprehensive collections of online content pay Google lots of money so that their website ranks as highly as possible when potential borrowers use search terms like “business finance”.
Their advert will appear at the very top of the search results.
That’s good but it costs money.
Every time a potential borrower clicks on this advert, your competitor will be paying over £15.00 for the privilege.
3,600 web users search for “small business finance” every month.
Each company paying to rank at the top of those search results will pay more than £26.00 for a click.
You can always measure the ferocity of competition within a particular sector by how much companies are willing to pay to attract website visitors.
What commercial finance lenders and brokers are paying now for each click is way in excess of most other B2B sectors.
Most lenders and brokers come to us because pay per click is too expensive to allow them to compete effectively any more.
Generating commercial finance leads for lenders and brokers
Create a stream of high-quality commercial finance leads by taking advantage of the ways directors search for information
We’ve seen already that tens of thousands of British directors search each month for generic terms like “business finance” and “small business finance.”
More niche terms like “pension-led funding” and “business cash advance” attract hundreds of visitors a month.
But not every director looking for finance for their business uses precise search terms like these.
Tens of thousands every month look for answers by asking full or partial questions instead.
People now prefer to ask Google a question than pick up a phone to a potential lender or broker to get the information they need.
And that’s exactly what the companies behind the sites we listed above understand really well.
People want answers to their questions now.
Then later, they then might look for a lender or a broker to help them.
The best position for your company to be in is to be the company which:
- provides a searcher with an answer they fully understand and
- demonstrates that you can provide the solutions they’re seeking.
You win both battles at the same time with just one great article.
For example, there are thousands of searches each month for these “business finance”-related questions:
- “how can finance business partners add value”
- “can a business finance a vehicle”
- “business finance without personal guarantee”
- “business finance for vans”
- “business finance plan template”
- “business finance lease calculator”
- “how to finance business purchase”
If you offer invoice factoring, people search for terms like these…
- “is invoice factoring a loan”
- “how factoring and invoice discounting work”
- “is invoice factoring halal”
- “invoice factoring with recourse”
- “invoice factoring for construction companies”
- “invoice factoring for staffing companies”
- “invoice factoring versus debt factoring”
You need as many articles answering as many questions as possible to create a long-term source of regular commercial finance leads without paying Google every time for a clickthrough.
The surprising thing is that competition for these search terms is low because many of your commercial rivals mistakenly focus all of their marketing firepower on the terms like “small business finance”.
They should be focusing much more on winning the online battle for terms like “merchant cash advance no credit check”.
This term is searched for around 100 times a month with each paid-for click costing more than £21 a time.
But the competition to finish top for the non-paid-for natural search results for “merchant cash advance no credit check” is actually quite low.
We write and upload the highest-quality, SEO-optimised articles on “merchant cash advance no credit check” and on similar topics.
By making this investment now, you save your company £1,000s on pay per click costs now and in the future.
Pay per click wipes the profit out of many deals
Just using pay per click advertising, your marketing budget will likely run into tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds every year if you don’t put a cap on it.
Instead, for the price you’d pay for a handful of clicks, More Than Words’ financial marketing team will create the highest quality articles for your website which are:
- written in plain English designed to be understood by all,
- constructed in such a way that Google ranks it as being of the highest quality, and
- persuasive and containing a strong call to action encouraging immediate contact with you from a prospective borrower.
To get more visitors and leads to your website, you could invest in pay per click marketing.
Or you could invest in the creation of a library of well-written, SEO-friendly articles which you only have to pay for once but which will continue to deliver the highest quality commercial finance leads to your firm for the months and years ahead.
Speak to our commercial finance leads team
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday.
Please call us, email us, or fill out the contact form and let us know about your company, the range of commercial financial products you offer, and the types of companies you target.
We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can email our commercial financial marketing team by clicking here.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There’s lots of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk away from North Shields Metro station.