Investing in a brand new cybersecurity website design
Cybersecurity website design is currently one of More Than Words’ fastest growing services as companies in the sector look to establish a lasting and meaningful edge over their commercial rivals.
Competition for cyber security and IT-related contracts is particularly acute in London and the South East which accounts for 55% of the overall UK market.
Although competition for cyber security services outside this region is currently far less intense, this situation is unlikely to last.
To secure an advantage for now and in the future, cybersecurity firms across the rest of the UK are also investing far more in their websites and on their other marketing channels.
Cybersecurity companies want their website to finish as high as possible on as many different relevant search terms as possible so their online focus is now around increasing:
- their site’s visibility,
- their search engine ranking, and
- their domain authority score.
We have built and continue to maintain a number of cybersecurity companies’ websites across the UK.
We demonstrate and explain how flexible your services are on your new website
Most cyber security companies offer a suite of different services from which their clients can pick and choose.
Which services clients actually pick depends on how they intend to implement cyber security policies within their organisations.
On your website, we’ll describe how your cybersecurity firm can work with:
- companies which outsource everything
- companies which outsource on areas for which they do not have the in-house resources, time, or skills
- companies using outsourcing to add additional expertise into their organisation on a temporary or permanent basis.
Your new website can demonstrate to potential clients the choice they have over the level of engagement with you.
Our cybersecurity website design service
Our in-house copywriters, SEO experts, designers, and copywriters will be the team building your brand new cybersecurity website.
Our three main aims when building your site are:
1. Informative, engaging, and persuasive content selling the importance of cybersecurity in plain English
- Your content will explain the cybersecurity services you offer in an engaging, clear, and informative way and the value those services deliver to clients in plain English
- For those services you wish to sell more of, we’ll create more in-depth mini-sections on your website to promote them
- Credibility- and authority-building content showcasing your firm’s history and the experience, knowledge, and expertise of your key staff
2. Search engine- and visitor-friendly
During the development of your site, our team will focus on:
- making your site as easy as possible for Google to index so that it understands and indexes all of the content correctly so that it can rank each page as highly as possible,
- ease of navigation around your site for visitors – visitors will find your site intuitive and they’ll be able to find the information they want on your site straight away, and
- the speed of download as waiting for content to download severely impairs engagement with decision makers visiting your website.
3. Attractive design to better deliver the message
Your website’s appearance will be minimalist, elegant, and unfussy – it will look great but the design will never overpower or overshadow the important sales messages.
Our designs are also fully responsive meaning that your website will appear properly on laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us to let us know more about your company and its services, your target markets, and how you’d like to develop your business in general over the next two to three years.
We’ll then present you with a full website and content plan which we believe will give your company the best chance of achieving its commercial and revenue-based objectives.
To speak with one of our account managers, please call us on 0330 010 3495 or click here to email us.
Be much easier to find on search engines with extensive on- and off-site optimisation
This is a £5.5bn a year market with growing awareness among businesses and organisations that they need to be cyber secure
Explain the benefits of investing in cybersecurity in plain English with engaging copy
Most cyber security decision makers are not IT-literate so, when writing copy for them, it’s more important to demonstrate return on investment
- Step by step, clear descriptions of your services
- Jargon-free, appealing use of language
- Text broken up by compelling sub-headlines
- Designed to be understandable by skim readers
Technical copywriting for IT-literate influencers
Decision makers often rely on IT-literate influencers to help them choose a supplier. The copy we write will give influencers confidence in your knowledge and problem-solving abilities
- Technical article writing service available
- Technical articles can be translated into plain English if required for the non IT-literate
- Pages can be turned into downloads for technical and sales staff to show customers
- Wide range of topics from a technical perspective
Copy written by experienced sales writers
Written to be understood an appreciated by non-IT-literate DMs and IT-literate influencers alike, we engage readers with informative and engaging copy coupled with a strong call to action
- Spur prospects to pick up the phone and call your sales team straight away
- Encourage visitors to complete “contact us” forms
- Persuade visitors to email you straight away
- Increase email newsletter sign-ups so that you can keep your name in front of prospective clients
Design and hosting service available
Our in-house design, copywriting, planning and UX team members build elegant, usable, and lead-generating websites which look superb and load quickly on all devices.
- Design guided by and faithful to your brand colours and fonts
- Easy for visitors to navigate their way around the site to find the information they need
- Compact and don’t require too much scrolling
- Responsive design for optimal display on laptops, desktops, mobiles, and tablets
A full post-launch content marketing plan
As an optional extra, we work with you for an additional 6 or 12 months producing high-quality, SEO-optimised content to promote your website and publicise your services to clients.
Which sectors should you be targeting based upon their cybersecurity spend?
According to the DCMS, the sectors spending most on cyber security at the moment are:
- Information and communications
- Finance and insurance
- Professional, scientific, and technical
- Hospitality and food
- Administration and real estate
- Health, social care, and social work
- Transport and storage
- Utilities and production
- Entertainment, services, and membership
If you target one or more of these lines of business, we can produce specific content for your new cybersecurity website to appeal to decision makers and influencers in these sectors.
Enhanced cybersecurity website design and usability
More Than Words’ in-house team of website designers, copywriters, marketing planners, and usability (UX) experts collaborate with you on all aspects of your website build.
The four key benefits of your new website will be:
1. A fast-loading, elegant, and minimalist cyber security website design whose focus is on converting visitors into enquirers
With legibility the overriding design priority, your website will follow any brand guidelines you provide us with to work from.
If you don’t have any current brand guidelines, we can discuss how you want your website to look from fonts to layout to colours and from action buttons to contact us forms.
2. Mobile-friendly and fully responsive design framework
Smartphones and tablets now account for more than half of all internet traffic.
Even more important, Google emphasises companies whose websites are mobile-friendly in its search results.
Your website will look attractive and clear on all devices.
3. Easy for visitors to find the information they want and easy for Google to index
With the move to responsive websites, navigation is a real concern.
Our usability experts will design a menu system which makes it easy for visitors to find the information they need within one or two touches or clicks.
Once we start to build your library of content after the launch of your site, we’ll allow visitors to find the information they’re seeking using a search box.
4. Informative and engaging service descriptions with a strong call to action
Our copywriters describe in plain English each of your cybersecurity service options so that visitors to your website understand the value and importance of what you offer.
There will be strong calls to action on all pages encouraging:
- immediate contact from those near to or at the point of making a decision
- subscription to your email newsletter service or following your company on social media if a decision is not imminent.
Content to build your firm’s credibility and authority
Certain pages on your website will be visited less than others but these pages are important for potential clients close to the point of making a decision.
These pages build up your company credibility – vital when you’re selling cybersecurity to larger clients.
We share your company story with decision makers to demonstrate:
- your experience in the industry and
- your ability to successfully deliver cybersecure systems and processes to clients.
On your leaders’ pages, we’ll provide links to your company and staff profiles on social media giving visitors another opportunity of connecting with you direct.
We include engaging biographies of each leader and senior manager in your business to provide potential clients with the added confidence they need in the people responsible for making their companies and organisations cybersecure.
About us page
We use your “about us” page to share the history of your business to date including the more important milestones in the development of your company.
On these pages, we emphasise heavily how there has been an ongoing and focused commitment within your company to continually improve service levels and customer outcomes.
We also summarise the philosophies and systems which your company uses to be the best at what you do.
Accreditations and partnerships
This page shows the company accreditations and qualifications you have been awarded including but not limited to:
- Cyber Essentials
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- Independent service auditor’s report (e.g. ISAE 3402)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Recognised cyber security standards such as ISO 27001
Accompanying each accreditation, qualification, and partnership listed, we’ll include a paragraph explaining its importance and its relevance to your target customers.
Full content and inbound marketing services available when your new cybersecurity website design is live
A new cyber security website will only deliver closeable leads to your company if potential clients visit it and engage well with the content.
In the days after launch, you may choose to use Google Ads to bring in visitors to your site.
We’ll be very happy to help you find and secure the higher traffic keywords and key phrases commanding the lowest cost per click rates.
However, a less expensive and longer-term approach is to instead build an extensive online library of cyber security articles.
Over time, this will lead to your company benefiting from a much lower cost per lead and cost per customer acquisition.
The more you build your library full of high-quality, Google-optimised online content, the higher your website and each individual page on it will rank in search results.
The highest quality articles also generate inbound links to your articles from third-party websites – this is one of the most important ranking factors in Google’s eyes.
Ask us about our blogger and journalist outreach service to quicken that process along.
The types of articles we would write for your new cyber security website would be on topics like:
- Backing up data securely via a cloud service or via other means
- Data classification including GDPR
- Document management systems (including encryption and cloud access)
- Firewalls with appropriate configuration
- Monitoring of user activity
- Only allowing access to a client’s network via company owned devices or the use of personally-owned devices for business activities
- Remote or mobile working policies
- Restricting IT admin and access rights to specific users (specific for GDPR purposes and to protect against social engineering attacks)
- Internal rules for storing and moving personal data securely
- Security controls on company owned devices (for example laptops, tablets, smartphones, and so on)
- Up-to-date malware protection
- Use of new digital technologies such as cloud computing
- What can be stored on removable devices (for example USB sticks)?
- What staff are permitted to do on organisation’s IT devices?
Following the launch of your site, we would suggest that you commit to a content plan lasting a minimum of 6-12 months.
Over that time, we would write and upload two or more posts a week which focus on the issues of most concern to your target audience using the keywords they use to find the information on cybersecurity.
Contact us about a new cybersecurity website design for your firm
Get in touch with us today to discuss:
- building an easy-to-find, fast-loading, well-written, and elegantly-designed SEO-friendly cybersecurity website for your company and
- a bespoke content marketing strategy for your company to give you best opportunity of being found by decision-makers and influencers aware that they need to invest in cyberresilience at all stages of the buying cycle.
Talk to us about how to sell cybersecurity successfully with a brand new website.
We’re open during office hours between Monday and Friday. We’re available on 0330 010 3495 or you can click here to email us.
We’re based in North Shields town centre if you want to come and visit us. There’s lots of free parking outside and we’re only three minutes’ walk away from North Shields Metro station.